[linux-audio-user] Remixing

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladolidt at terra.es
Wed Jun 14 07:15:46 EDT 2006

Jonty Needham escribe:
> I understand (from Google) there is a method by which one samples the
> track minus the vocals and then adds the inversion of that to the track
> to kill the instruments.

AFAIK you can do left channel minus right channel so you're killing
whatever it's in the middle of the stereo field, which usually are
vocals. This work for karaoke. But I don't know a way to kill
everything except the middle of the stereo field, and I don't think
it's posible.

(Being able to isolate something in a precise point of the stereo
field would be the Holy Grail of audio production if it was posible!)

Cordially, Ismael
--
 Ismael Valladolid Torres        OpenPGP key ID: 0xDE721AF4
                                      Jabber ID: ivalladt at jabberes.org
  http://digitrazos.info/
  http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/  ~When I grow up I will go there~