[linux-audio-user] Remixing

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Wed Jun 14 09:25:31 EDT 2006

Quoting Jonty Needham <jmn20 at bath.ac.uk>:

> Many thanks for the replies, but one thing I don't quite understand. I'm
> not sure what you mean by "left -right". Would that not be reversing the
> polarity of the signal and then adding them together, or am I missing
> something critical.

Sorry, my haste got the better of me last time :)

Do the left minus right operation first. This way you'll end up with what
Ismael told you: ths "karaoke" signal with all components common to l/r removed.

To get the reverse (only the common components), you need to remove the
karaoke signal from a mono version of the original signal. I'm not sure how
well this will work.. Tell us if you decide to try! ;)

  Sampo