[linux-audio-user] Ardour CPU Hogups

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Jun 16 15:05:40 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 20:31 +0200, Carlo Capocasa wrote:
> The problem is, as far as I can track it down, that CPU usage goes
> over
> the roof as soon as the stop button is pressed in ardour after loading
> specific number of LADSPA plugins (though it doesn't appear to matter
> which ones). It's not just a few dropouts either; either there are no
> XRUNS, or you can't even move the mouse.

that sounds to be related to a denormal problem ... try to figure out,
which plugin causes the trouble and lobby the authors to fix their
code ...
from my experience, some swh plugins suffer from denormal problems
(possiblty, because steve is working on amd machines?), but it's more or
less trivial to fix that ...

hth ... tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say
"I want to see the manager."
  William S. Burroughs