[linux-audio-user] Re: Ardour CPU Hogups

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Sat Jun 17 00:36:02 EDT 2006

Oh yeah, interestingly, I was using the stock Ubuntu Kernel when I
couldn't even move the mouse any more. Meanwhile I compiled myself a
Kernel with Ingo's patches using the directions at UbuntuStudio.com.
With this one, the CPU usage was 99% too, but the GUI was still
perfectly responsive.

Perfect argument for including the patch in the main kernel tree...
Responsive GUI no matter what happens to the CPU.