[linux-audio-user] Re: Some basic questions

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Sat Jun 17 10:33:01 EDT 2006

Hi Bruno, welcome to the list.

For recording, the weapon of choice is Ardour.

As for Hydrogen, I think it's a very good drum machine for playing with
or jamming, but I wouldn't use it in music production.

The sample kits are rather limited.

I'm working on a series of drum sample kits for the excellent
ZynAddSubFX synthesizer.

If you prefer acoustic samples, I would get them from
http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/, and load them into the sampler Specimen,
and trigger them with the sequencer Seq24.

This way you will have unlimited supply of samples because there are
constantly people recording samples and uploading them to the freesound
project, while hydrogen samples largely depend on the work of one person.

Carlo