[linux-audio-user] Re: Some basic questions

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Jun 17 11:32:05 EDT 2006

Carlo Capocasa wrote:

> As for Hydrogen, I think it's a very good drum machine for playing
> with or jamming, but I wouldn't use it in music production.
>
> The sample kits are rather limited.

IIRC Hydrogen is based on libsndfile so you should be able to use any
sounds in any format supported by that excellent library.

> ... there are constantly people recording samples and uploading them
> to the freesound project, while hydrogen samples largely depend on the
> work of one person.

Emiliano Grilli and Artemiy Pavlov have designed excellent kits for
Hydrogen, and you can easily create & save your own kits from any sounds
you prefer.

    http://www.hydrogen-music.org/?p=drumkits

Best,

dp