[linux-audio-user] which graphics card?

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Tue Jun 20 16:26:50 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 16:02 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 12:52 -0700, R Parker wrote:
> > I'd like the thing to
> > be OSS and licensed GPL so Lee Revel doesn't rip the
> > jewels from my body when I ask for help configuring
> > it. Of course the card you recommend is gonna work out
> > of the box so Lee would never know if I'm sleeping
> > with the devil...
>
> Wow.  Is my position on closed source drivers really considered
> extremist on this list?  It's shared by about 95% of people on the
> kernel list.
>
> Sorry, I will shut up about it if it's such a big deal.

FWIW I've spent a (very) great deal of time, money, and effort building
an (AGP) machine without a card which requires proprietary drivers for
decent GL (namely a Radeon 9250).

Please don't shut up about it.  If anything do the opposite - more
people need to be made aware of how very serious this problem is.

-DR-