[linux-audio-user] Re: which graphics card?

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 18:17:56 EDT 2006

> Furthermore even if transparency is done on the graphics board, it
> still takes up more cpu-cycles. So my fine sessions with ~10
> TAP-plugins and Jamin and hydrogen + transparency take up way to much
> cpu-power (over 50% that is).

Yep that is why I had never bothered in the past, though something like
that could be very useful to me so that I can free up desktop space
elsewhere.  I am actually looking at replaceing my single core processor
with twin dual core processors, and as it is it does take a little bit
for me to use up most of my processor(But I still do it;) so I can
probably afford the cycles if it helps my workflow.

That and I already have a NVidia card and dont have a problem using the
binary blob;)  Though I am safely staying out of this conversation for
the time being, Lee and I already discussed viewpoints on this once in
recent past, so no need for me to repeat it at the moment I dont think.

         Seablade