[linux-audio-user] Rui's rtirq script for debian?

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Mon Jun 26 04:35:46 EDT 2006

On Mon, June 26, 2006 04:02, Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Some days ago I discovered Rui Nuno Capela's script for realtime
> kernels. I'm trying to use it with my own custom kernel with Ingo's RT
> patches in Ubuntu Linux. I found a debian package made by Free Ekanayaka
> but it's an older verion, so I downloaded the latest rpm from Rui's site
> and converted it to deb using alien. For the post-install I executed the
> postinst script that I found inside Free's deb package. I would like to
> ask you a couple of questions: the first one, would the script taken from
> the rpm work in a debian distro? and if not, does anyone know of any
> debianized package of the script's latest version?
>
> Thanks!

I believe it should, it's just a LSB init script. When properly installed
it consists on only two files:

  /etc/sysconfig/rtirq <- rtirq.conf (configuration)
  /etc/init.d/rtirq    <- rtirq.sh   (the script)

As I'm not fluent in debianese I don't have a clue if this is supposed to
work as-is on debian. Isn't debian LSB compliant? ;)

For the reference, the most recent and original rtirq packages are found in:

  http://www.rncbc.org/jack/rtirq-20060218.tar.gz

  http://www.rncbc.org/jack/rtirq-20060218-13.src.rpm
  http://www.rncbc.org/jack/rtirq-20060218-13.noarch.rpm

Cheers.