[linux-audio-user] Paradoxon in starting lashd/jackd automaticly (was: Re: GLASHCtl 0.2)

Lars Luthman lars.luthman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 07:55:21 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 10:27 +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> 2006/6/27, David Baron <d_baron at 012.net.il>:
> > > where i can find out how to set the "LASH_START_SERVER" variable?
> > type something like
> > export LASH_START_SERVER=1
> > or place in /etc/profile or such.
>
> Isn't that cool? There s a new mechanism which allows starting servers
> like jackd or lashd if they are needed. It is meant to help beginners
> who don't know how to automate via scripts and don't know about all
> the different dependencies of the apps and servers.
>
> And the only way to make that work is to set a variable either on the
> console or by editing hidden files in your file-manager. And it
> involves knowing about shell-scripts.
>
> You just gotta love that!

The LASH_START_SERVER thing was meant to help _me_ not have to start
lashd manually or have it running all the time from boot. Helping
beginners is a side effect.

I'm all for making autostarting all necessary daemons the default
behaviour though.

--
Lars Luthman - please encrypt any email sent to me if possible
PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x04C77E2E