[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Aqualung 0.9beta5 released

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Fri Jun 30 06:34:31 EDT 2006

Quoting Tom Szilagyi <tomszilagyi at gmail.com>:

>                Aqualung: Music Player for GNU/Linux
>
>                       http://aqualung.sf.net
>
>                          Release 0.9beta5
>

> It is our greatest pleasure to announce the fifth official beta
> release of Aqualung. Some features you'd rarely stumble upon in
> other players (at least not too many of them at once):

Great news! Aqualung is starting to look like a very good option for a music
player.

A few gripes though:
 a) I would like to have a notification area icon to show/hide aqualung
 b) There seems no easy way to import my existing collection of music.
    I can select individual files from one directory, but whole
    directories. My collection is divided into directories and
    subdirectories. (artist/album/track.ogg)

Also, I found the metadata option a bit confusing: why doesn't aqualung use
metadata (id3's, etc.) provided by the audio files automatically? I had to
enable it explicitly.

 Just my 0.02€
  Sampo