[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Aqualung 0.9beta5 released

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 09:46:39 EDT 2006

On 6/30/06, Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi> wrote:
> Quoting Tom Szilagyi <tomszilagyi at gmail.com>:
>
> >                Aqualung: Music Player for GNU/Linux
> >
> >                       http://aqualung.sf.net
> >
> >                          Release 0.9beta5
> >

> > It is our greatest pleasure to announce the fifth official beta
> > release of Aqualung. Some features you'd rarely stumble upon in
> > other players (at least not too many of them at once):
>
> Great news! Aqualung is starting to look like a very good option for a music
> player.
>
> A few gripes though:
>  a) I would like to have a notification area icon to show/hide aqualung
>  b) There seems no easy way to import my existing collection of music.
>     I can select individual files from one directory, but whole
>     directories. My collection is divided into directories and
>     subdirectories. (artist/album/track.ogg)

Sampo,
   Hi. There are scripts that scan directories and build music stores
for Aqualung written by Peter. I posted a couple of them on LAU
yesterday. Look there if you think they might be of interest.

Tom,
   Maybe you and Peter should post these on the Aqualung download
site? Maybe they are there already?

Cheers all,
Mark