[linux-audio-user] Re: Digital Fidelity

Maluvia terakuma at imbris.net
Wed Mar 1 19:06:51 EST 2006

Not to beat a dead dog, but . . .

Before we blow a once-a-year tax refund on an Apogee converter, could
someone - a compassionate scientist perhaps - explain to me why an Apogee
converter is so vastly superior to the converter in, say, an RME hdsp9632 -
as to justify it's second-mortgage price tag?
(I know the best way to find out would be to just listen, but we can't
afford to order one just to test it out.)

At least Zaolla has 6 pages of detailed engineering specs, data, tests,
charts, etc. to back up their claims, whereas with Apogee - they just seem
to expect you to take their word for it.

- Maluvia