[linux-audio-user] Any one using 6Strudio?

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Thu Mar 2 20:19:35 EST 2006

Aaron Trumm wrote:
> is the product the packaging together of a bunch of freeware?  maybe
> like there's an executable or a CD that installs everything you need
> without you having to make a bunch of tweaks or download Ardour and
> such?  maybe sort of like taking the Planet CCRMA idea a step further?
>
> is that the product?

No it's a collection of Free Software that runs on 64bit ix86
architecture. So it's a Linux Audio distro based on 64bit Debian, as
such it's closer to DeMuDi that Planet CCRMA.

Had you bothered to follow the link, you would already know this. :]

I understand Frank Smith (aka Bob) uses it in his studio and the company
also provides the underlying system for the Lionstracs Mediastation, so
it is  certainly as usable as any Debian-based 64-bit system. I suspect
the 'alpha' tag is being deliberately conservative.

Oh, and before anyone starts, the project is cool. By which I mean that
it has already made a major contribution to the development of Free
Audio Software before it has even considered making money for itself.
64Studio is currently hosting the DeMuDi repositories, for instance.

If you're running a 64bit machine with some spare HD space I'd go
download the iso immediately and see for yourself. :)

cheers

tim hall
/|\