[linux-audio-user] slightly OT: supercomputer music

Julian Squires julian at cipht.net
Sun Mar 5 06:02:56 EST 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 08:56:27AM -0500, Greg wrote:
> does anyone know of instances of big computing power going into making
> music?  Any recordings?  Just one of those questions rolling around
> the head.

The first thing that comes to mind for me is some of Iannis Xenakis's
compositions.  I have no idea whether he would have been using something
considered a supercomputer at the time, though.  Certainly whatever
computing power went into it then is easily achievable at home, now.

Cheers.

--
Julian Squires