[linux-audio-user] Re: LinuxMAO.org, a french Linux Audio Wiki

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sun Mar 5 21:17:20 EST 2006

Lee Revell wrote:

> You seem to be comparing cultured Europeans to American hicks, but you
> can go to the south of France or the mountains of Switzerland and find
> people who are the European equivalent of dumb ass rednecks in the US.

So true.

Britain is just as bad or worse. I spent years feeling culturally
impoverished, despite living in a country that has history on its
history. There is something to be said for having a cultural connection
to the land by birthright, which is something only Native Americans get
over there. I believe culture is a product of people's reactions and
relationship to their environment, so actually all culture is valid,
even if it's only 30 years old, like rave culture. The exciting thing is
that culture is a living thing that we are all inextricably part of, so
it's next to impossible to attempt to get an outside perspective.

We need to stop looking to other cultures for salvation and realise that
we are the people we've been waiting for ... and get on with it.

And you're right, this has nothing whatsoever to do with Linux Audio in
French. ;)

cheers,

tim hall
/|\