[linux-audio-user] Re: LinuxMAO.org, a french Linux Audio Wiki

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Sun Mar 5 21:37:55 EST 2006

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 02:17:20 +0000
tim hall <tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk> wrote:

> Lee Revell wrote:
>
> > You seem to be comparing cultured Europeans to American hicks, but
> > you can go to the south of France or the mountains of Switzerland
> > and find people who are the European equivalent of dumb ass
> > rednecks in the US.

> So true.

You can find dumbasses everywhere.  The hard fact that a vast majority
of people in the whole world were against the invasion of Irak and a
vast majority of Americans were for it does not mean that you can't
find dumbasses in the vast majority of people in the world or that you
can't find intelligent people in the country of Frank Zappa.  Only
extremist, short-sighted people would think otherwise.

> Britain is just as bad or worse.

No comment on that one :-)

Really.

> We need to stop looking to other cultures for salvation and realise
> that we are the people we've been waiting for ... and get on with it.

Yep, it's high time for a third major politcal party that's not funded
by the same interest as the other two. Do it while people remember where
the U.S.of A. are located on the map of the globe ;-)

So, in good faith, let's listen to good American bands like Djam Karet,
Boud Deun, and the Smoking Grannies.  Can't say that there ain't good
music in America !