[linux-audio-user] Re: OT: Music distribution in the internet age - I'm confused.

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Mon Mar 6 08:14:28 EST 2006

Carlo Capocasa wrote:

>lol... yeah, good ol' 'make money without blood, seat and tears' gig.
>
>What do you think of this guy's site?
>
>http://tipping.selfpromotion.com/
>
>Carlo

This is exactly what I believe, and this is the way I choosed to take
for my own music.

If you want to listen to my music without paying, this is fine with me.
Actually, I'm honoured that you like my music and pleased to know you're
listening to it.

But if you really appreciate it, you'll care for me, and maybe
eventually make a donation.

I know this topic is subjective and I don't want to start another
flamewar, but I wouldn't like to receive money from people just because
that is the only way they can obtain my material.

Obviously this approach doesn't work if you plan to buy a Ferrari with
the money earned from your artistic career, since people will stop
making donations when they'll see you wearing Dolce & Gabbana.

But I'm not interested in such lifestyle anyway. In fact - feeling
guilty of living in a society that kills innocent people on my behalf to
take their gas - I've decided to sell my Punto and not to buy another car.

p.s. For those who didn't get it, my previous post was meant to show one
of the many contradictions that arise when you're stuck with an old mindset.

c.
--
www.cesaremarilungo.com