[linux-audio-user] Aligning audiofiles for different recorders.

Alex Polite notmyprivateemail at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 08:22:48 EST 2006

Howdy

I make a lot of interviews. Right now I have a two channel recorder. I
connect one headset mic to each channel,  put one on myself and one on
the interviewee. Works kind of alright but I would rather have the
interviewee wear one recorder and wear another myself. This gives us
more freedom to move around during the interview.

The tricky part will be to align the two separate recordings. I could
probably do it manually in ardour, dragging the regions back and forth
and stretching them until they line up exactly.

I've googled a bit to find a tool that does this aligning
automatically but haven't come up with anything.

Does anybody out here know of something?

alex

--
Alex Polite
http://flosspick.org - finding the right open source