[linux-audio-user] USB interfaces (was Re: M-Audio Quattro, SoundBlaster Live Xruns, and interface questions)

Steve Wahl steve at pro-ns.net
Wed Mar 8 15:00:29 EST 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 09:11:26AM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Steve Wahl hat gesagt: // Steve Wahl wrote:
>
> > 1. M-Audio Quattro, can it be made to work?
>
> No.
>
> Of course this depends on what you consider "working". Stereo sound
> should be no real problem, but everthing else ...

Damn.  That's the only answer I got, to that part anyway.  Combined
with my own experience, it seems pretty definitive.  (Should the ALSA
soundcard list be edited to reflect this?  I chose and purchased my
quattro based on entries there!)

Are there any interface options that have all of these attributes:

   * Working!
   * USB connected  (for my laptop)
   * Four or more channels in simultaneously (at/around 24 bits/48KHz)

Thanks,

Steve Wahl