[linux-audio-user] Re: GNU Audio Community Conference Room

Dan Mills dmills at spamblock.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 16:03:50 EST 2006

On 8 Mar 2006, at 22:31, Esben Stien wrote:

> Dan Mills <dmills at spamblock.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
>> How do you handle "Talk to caller" for say line 2, while the remote
>> sports report is going to air fed from line one?
>
> Well, air is just another output on ardour, but I see what you are
> saying. If you got some feed coming in on line 2 from VOIP while you
> want to talk to someone on line 1, then you really need such a daemon.

Your using ardour as a broadcast mixer??
Shudder!

Not that ardour is not a very very cool program, but it strikes me as so
wrong for this application (no automated monitor ducking, no fader
start,
insufficient PFL routing flexibility, no talk to caller.....).

IMHO There is a reason recording studio desks and radio production
desks are different!

Regards, Dan (Now contemplating writing software radio desk).