[linux-audio-user] GNU Audio Community Conference Room

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Wed Mar 8 18:24:27 EST 2006

Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> writes:

> what would be perfect is a cross platform VOIP app written in a
> callback model with ALSA, JACK, OSS, CoreAudio, etc backends.

Isn't PortAudio supposed to be preferred option?. Maybe we need to
start a thread on this?. It doesn't help much if it don't support JACK
soon, though;). I don't even know if PortAudio can output through
gstreamer and can gstreamer even be RT safe even though it got a JACK
output plugin?.

> What are the showstoppers with ekiga (formerly gnomemeeting) + JACK?

They don't seem to care at the moment judging from the reply I got:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-list/2005-July/msg00137.html

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m