[linux-audio-user] Re: Mac? Linux PC?

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 03:56:49 EST 2006

On 3/12/06, Jean-Baptiste Mestelan <mestelan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/11/06, Rob <lau at kudla.org> wrote:
> > I might use code-based compositional tools (well, the ones that
> > can be programmed without using Lisp-like languages, which are
> > evil and must be destroyed)
>
> Would you please elaborate a bit ? just curious :-)
> I recently have been feeling an itch to learn Nyquist (a Lisp dialect,
> or Lisp-like language : not sure yet) which Audacity is based upon.
>
> Cheers.

Some people don't think right for lisp based language. There are
actually people out there that like j2ee, asp, etc and enjoy writing
huge amount of code to do very little. Lispers don't often fall in
this group. ;-) Though i really like lisp i personally find python
more useful for most stuff, much better libs, and much saner than ansi
c lisp.

Loki