[linux-audio-user] Re: Mac? Linux PC?

cdr ix at replic.net
Sun Mar 12 19:08:58 EST 2006

> months or more, yes, I do prefer things like BASIC.  Gambas is
> my current favorite for desktop development and I'm slowly
> moving from Perl to PHP for web development.

you should check out Ruby/Rails. i slowly moved from PHP & Perl to mod_python a few years ago, and now moving on again. such a big fan of the 1.1 release that im doing some standalone GUI apps in it instead of say PyQT or TCL/Tk (using Ruby-GtkMozEmbed and Mongrel)

off to google Gambas...

> Anyway, the kind of people who tend to successfully write music
> languages tend to be CS people who just love the simplicity (to
> a CS major) of Lisp

yeah, SCLang looks nice, shame it wont run on my OS :)