[linux-audio-user] om-synth

Emanuel Rumpf x at branwelt.de
Fri Mar 17 10:26:20 EST 2006

Hi

Just tried om-synth cvs

Some questions arose:

When trying to load the example patches I got messages:

Unable to find object /amp_env/Delay Time (s)
Unable to find object /amp_env/Attack Time (s)
Unable to find object /amp_env/Hold Time (s)

How to know which ladspa library is missing and where to get it?
(I already have installed swh, blop, cmt from debian repository.)

When exchanging patches, how to ensure, the other system
can load and play the patches?
Will there be any way to save the plugins (embeded) together with the patch?

In the "Load Plugin" dialog  (text-)keyboard input didn't work.

Is there any simple tutorial/example, that would explain, how to
make a polyphonic synth
(how to let it play 6 notes at once, when pressed on the midi-keyboard).

suggestions:
allow selected plugins to be duplicated (cloned), including the connections.
allow selected plugins to be moved/copied to sub-patches.
ladspa-plugins should have a short description of their
 functionality, how and when to use them.

impression:
I very much like om's gui, it's really nice
the (bezier-)cables (patches) are cool!
scrolling is smooth,
the zoom function is great !

emanuel