[linux-audio-user] regarding the 2nd Book Of Linux Music & Sound

David L. Craig dlc at radix.net
Wed Mar 29 06:52:35 EST 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 06:21:15AM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:

>  1. Is there a real need for another book such as the The Book Of Linux
> Music & Sound ?

I (and your publisher) think there is.  Indeed, I think the need is greater now than it was for the first edition.  I've been waiting a while now.

>  2. If so, would I be wise to ignore the 2.4 kernel series ? (It would
> make it easier to ignore material re: OSS/Free)

I think so.  You can always refer people to the first edition with the
caveat that it is dated.

>  Btw, this is the last hurrah for this project. If I don't take it now
> I won't be taking it on at all. I have a life, it's pretty full, and
> committing to this edition would be a major disruption. I can guarantee
> that it would be the last book I'll ever write.

Please, Dave.  You did such a great job with the first edition and I
can't think of anyone better suited and qualified to revise it.

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_  by Asimov/Silverberg