[linux-audio-user] Making a CD...

Dan Easley daneasley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 18:38:20 EST 2006

On 11/3/06, lanas <lanas at securenet.net> wrote:
> Folks,
>
>   I have a few sketches I'd like to put on a CD so that it can be
> played in any CD player, computer or off-the-shelf.
>
>   So I export from Ardour in .wav format.  Usually I oggencode them but
> that's not OK for making a standard CD.  So what format are the files
> on a CD ?  There are picked-up by grip for instance as .wav files, but
> are they .wav on a CD ?  If so, can I just put all my .wav files from
> Ardour ina directory, make an ISO image from that, and then burn the
> ISO on a RW CD ?
>
> Cheers.
> Al

CD audio is stereo 44.1kHz 16-bit WAV format, but it's not a standard
data filesystem.  You'll need to use an audio cd  burning program such
as k3b to burn those wav files to audio cd.

Some standalone players have trouble reading RW CD's - you might go
with CD(+/-)R instead.

daneasley at gmail.com
dan at towndowner.com dan at burntpossum.com
http://towndowner.com http://burntpossum.com