[linux-audio-user] PC Keyboard questions

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Sat Nov 4 07:32:18 EST 2006

David Causse <nomoa at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> I want to be able to make the music evolutive and it's the main
> reason why I need to activate/desactivate multiple loops.

This is in some way similar to what I'm doing, but I don't need
precise activation by using my fingers. Let me try to explain:

I'm doing mostly synthesis, but as I'm making hip-hop, it's very much
loop based. I've made a sequencer in supercollider and I use my MIDI
controller to activate my different "live" loops.

I always activate loops before they're supposed to start and they
start exactly where I tell them to start. After that, since it's real
time synthesis, I manipulate the synths. All synths in the loop are
bound to their own MIDI control.

All the events in the loop are also bound to individual MIDI control,
so that I can adjust the timing of each event in the loops
individually by turning knobs;).

I do all synthesis in supercollider today, but I'm trying very hard to
do the synthesis in common lisp music and keep the sequencer in
supercollider. You see, supercollider is about manipulating the graph
in a music v style, but I need a functional language to do the
synthesis I want.

I guess this sequencer is somehow what you're looking for?. I don't
use samples, but there is nothing wrong with triggering samples
instead of synths in my sequencer.

If you want to trigger the loops yourself, without cheating like I
do;), maybe get a pad and make what you want in supercollider.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m