[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Snd-ls V0.9.7.12 and jack_capture V0.3.9

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Nov 8 19:02:08 EST 2006

Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

> jack_capture v0.3.9
> ===================
> jack_capture is a program for recording soundfiles with jack. Its default
> operation is to capture whatever sound is going out to your speakers
> into a file. This is the program I always wanted to have for jack, but no
> one made. So here it is.
>
> Changes 0.3.8 -> 0.3.9:
> -----------------------
> *Changed the -rt option name to -d, to be compatible with jackrec.
> *Do not stop recording in case of disk errors.
> *Replaced deprecated libsndfile functions.
> *Added the --format/-f option. ("jack_capture -f flac", nice :-)  )
>  (adding "-f w64" solves the 4GB limitation of wav files)

OK, downloaded the RPM, converted it with alien, installed it on my
Debian system. Trying to start it from a root command line gives message
"jack_capture: error while loading shared libraries: libjack.so.0:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory."

Jack is installed and works. Is there documentation for this program
that sounds like something I need, also?

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community