[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Snd-ls V0.9.7.12 and jack_capture V0.3.9

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 19:10:27 EST 2006

On 11/8/06, david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
> Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
>
> > jack_capture v0.3.9
> > ===================
> > jack_capture is a program for recording soundfiles with jack. Its default
> > operation is to capture whatever sound is going out to your speakers
> > into a file. This is the program I always wanted to have for jack, but no
> > one made. So here it is.
> >
> > Changes 0.3.8 -> 0.3.9:
> > -----------------------
> > *Changed the -rt option name to -d, to be compatible with jackrec.
> > *Do not stop recording in case of disk errors.
> > *Replaced deprecated libsndfile functions.
> > *Added the --format/-f option. ("jack_capture -f flac", nice :-)  )
> >  (adding "-f w64" solves the 4GB limitation of wav files)
>
> OK, downloaded the RPM, converted it with alien, installed it on my
> Debian system. Trying to start it from a root command line gives message
> "jack_capture: error while loading shared libraries: libjack.so.0:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory."
>
> Jack is installed and works. Is there documentation for this program
> that sounds like something I need, also?

The Debian JACK package uses a different library name than most
others.  You may be able to finesse this problem by symlinking
/usr/lib/libjack-0.100.0.so.0 to libjack-0.100.0.so.0.0.23 (or something
like that).

You may find it easier just to build and install it yourself.  Alien is not
easy to use with JACK clients.
--
 joq