[linux-audio-user] problems starting Breakage (the drum sequencer)

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sun Nov 12 10:38:58 EST 2006

On Sunday 12 November 2006 15:05, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Hi Nigel:
>
> Make a symlink from /usr/local/bin/chuck (or wherever it's located) to
> /home/nigel/Breakage/chuck (or wherever Breakage is located).
>
> The form ./chuck indicates that Breakage (or Java) is looking for the
> chuck binary in the current directory (which should be the Breakage
> directory).
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Hi again Dave. This is fun. The chuck symlinks didn't work in the Breakage
directory, but I created one in the /home/user directory, and now the java
complaints are gone, and running ./chuck on the CLI gives the correct
response.

Now breakage is complaining about a missing file "Channel.ck", which is there
because I'm looking at it.  Output below.

[djmons at localhost djmons]$ /usr/local/jdk1.5.0_09/bin/java
-jar /home/djmons/Breakage/Breakage2.jar
[breakage.OscComm] Starting ChucK process...
[breakage.OscComm] ER:
[breakage.OscComm] IN:
[breakage.OscComm] ER: [Channel.ck]:
[breakage.OscComm] ER:
[breakage.OscComm] ER: no such file or directory
[breakage.OscComm] ER:

[breakage.OscComm] END: 1
[breakage.OscComm] ChucK started, waiting for hello...

Any further thoughts.

Nigel.