[linux-audio-user] Re: The famous "Jack Hum" (Can't record and desparate)

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Nov 13 14:54:45 EST 2006

James McDermott wrote:

>> >I've found people to have very differing opinions about dell.
>
>> My experience with Dell is that you get what you pay for.
>
> Yes, from talking to someone who works on the assembly line in Dell
> here in Limerick, they seem to have totally different manufacturing
> standards, tolerances, etc, for the high-end laptops and for the cheap
> ones.

Well, my experience with Dells was desktops and laptops aimed at
business. The employer I mentioned earlier, where switching to Dell
hardware tripled our hardware troublecall rate, was primarily using
desktops, not laptops. So I'm guessing that the hardware was not coming
from the cheap end of the Dell spectrum.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community