[linux-audio-user] FC2->Fc3->Fc4->Fc5->FC6->FC*: it's crazy!

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Nov 15 04:36:40 EST 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 03:02, Dave Robillard was like:
> On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 17:30 -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
> > every time there is a new Fedora Core, I usually get around to moving to
> > the next version. However, for me, it's a bit of a pain to do because
> > you really have to wipe the disc and start all over.. ."upgrading"
> > Fedora doesn't really work well. At least for me it doesn't.
> >
> > Don't you find this a bit irritating? I do. It's not hard, it just seems
> > unnecessary.
> >
> >  Are other distros better at upgrading but also provide all of the nice
> > features that Fedora does? (there are a lot of audio apps available in
> > rpm for Fedora. I just can't spend my time compiling each and every one
> > when updates come along.)
> >
> > What do others do?
>
> When I get a new computer, I install Debian.
>
> Once.

Yup, seeing as how Brad asked. Same as, I either use the Debian netinst for
office machines or the old, but still effective DeMuDi installer for music
machines. Either way it's a one-time install and I end up with a workable
Debian system. Apt-get really does make upgrading a piece of the proverbial
in most cases. I only ever compile stuff out of choice.

This is why we put up with all the other crap involved with Debian. ;)
--
cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk/tim
We are the people We've been waiting for.