[linux-audio-user] FC2->Fc3->Fc4->Fc5->FC6->FC*: it's crazy!

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Wed Nov 15 12:15:56 EST 2006

> hey Mark ! that was not oriented to you, it was an advice directed to Brad
> in order to let him start with lower compil time. I totaly agree with you

on a single-core 2ghz cpu, dwm takes about 2 seconds to compile. pd, muttng, irssi, postfix, alsa each take about 30 seconds to a minute. the biggest thing is proably X (20 mins or so) and firefox (20 mins or so). theres no reason you cant have a fully working gentoo installed and configged from source in an hour. less on a dual-core..

C++ with lots of templates takes forever to compile. this includes patchage/ingen, ardour, kde/gnome, etc.. ardour clocks in at around 30 minutes of compiling..