[linux-audio-user] RE: Interview with EnergyXT Developer

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Sun Nov 19 04:39:22 EST 2006

> I think it boils down to vst plugin developers not having much interest in linux audio.

oddly they were into BeOS (steinborg at least) when it had 5 users, but not Linux when it has what, 3% of the global desktop market? does anyone have any recent ubuntu installation figures? maybe we need to do some kind of BeOS 5.1 vs Linux 2.6.19-rc6-rt4 showdown white paper, in areas like latency, performance, driver support, and shop it around to Charlie, Robert, Ron, whoever may be interested. we could rig a tests, make pretty charts, and encourage users to Think Different.

all the high end 3D software like Maya, XSI, dont seem too deterred by Blender to offer a linux version..i guess windows audio people are just in the stone ages...

> Thats where the work needs to be done I think.

i think the best solution might just be to wait for notebooks to come with Vista and people wondering how they bought a 486 propel Ubuntu's market share to like 25%. then things will just magically happen, with no effort expended on our part..