[linux-audio-user] Re: Software recommendation

Yves Potin yves at jazzcomputer.org
Wed Nov 29 05:39:15 EST 2006

Le 29 Nov à 10:52, rj at spamatica.se ecrivait:

[Access to controllers]
> Could you give some example?

        Yes. I'd like to add, even manually, any kind of controller from
inside the piano roll. Actually (version 0.8.1a), for example with pitch
bend, if I click on the ctrl button, then Sel, all I see is Velocity, pan,
program and main volume, and a button to add a new controller. If I choose
this one, I have never found how to specify that I want the sustain pedal,
the modulation or the pitch bend, or whatever. The only trick I've found
to insert a pitch bend event manually is to record some pitch events on
the part to see, then, the pitch events appear on the « Sel » menu with
the little green light lit.
        The Crtl button available on the list panel behaves the same, if
I click on « create new controller », none is available.

[Manipulate the parts]
> Could you give som examples of what you mean?

        Yes :). I'm talking about the « Structure » menu. I'd like to
insert four bars between bar 16 and 17, and find exactly the song I had
before, with a white space between these bars (or the parts more longer
with an empty space in them). And also the possibility to suppress all
that is between bar 32 and 36, to find everything that was beyond bar 36
pasted after bar 32. And finally being sure to move (or copy) any number
of parts manually (not with the keyboards shortcuts) *in a really reliable
way*, especially if these parts are the last ones of the song (and the same
thing on an editor, when the notes are the last ones of the whole track,
because of a long time known bug AFAIK).

        This being said, I keep on saying that MuSE remains for me the
really best sequencer available in the Linux world, after having testing
others intensively.
        Best,

Y.