[linux-audio-user] Low-budged live recording hardware solution ?

Wade Nelson hollywoodb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 12:37:47 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 09:22 -0400, lanas wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:22:53 -0500
> Wade Nelson <hollywoodb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What I'm looking for, ideally, will be a card with:
> > XLR input mic level inputs
> > Line level inputs
> > high-impedance instrument-level inputs (not necessary, but would be
> > nice)
> > 5.1 output (doesn't need to be spdif)
>
> The M-Audio 1010LT is listed at $250 US but I got mine brand new for
> less.  Has 2 XLRs, 8 unbalanced I/Os, MIDI, spdif with DTS/AC-3
> surround, word clock for sync.  Works natively with FC5/CCRMA, no need
> to configure anything.  Use envy24control (part of FC5/CCRMA)  to set
> levels, etc...
>
> A review:
>
> http://www.sonicstate.com/articles/article.cfm?id=41
>
> Cheers,
> Al

I've also been looking at AudioTrak's stuff, specifically the Prodigy
7.1 and/or 7.1 LT ... looks like a quality card, supports unbalanced
input.  I was thinking of running a Behringer EuroTrak UB502 into
whichever card I purchase, since its cheap and I've heard good things
about it.  I could get a Prodigy and UB502 for under $150 shipped to my
door.

--
hollywoodb