[linux-audio-user] Low-budged live recording hardware solution ?

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Sun Oct 1 09:22:54 EDT 2006

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:22:53 -0500
Wade Nelson <hollywoodb at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I'm looking for, ideally, will be a card with:
> XLR input mic level inputs
> Line level inputs
> high-impedance instrument-level inputs (not necessary, but would be
> nice)
> 5.1 output (doesn't need to be spdif)

The M-Audio 1010LT is listed at $250 US but I got mine brand new for
less.  Has 2 XLRs, 8 unbalanced I/Os, MIDI, spdif with DTS/AC-3
surround, word clock for sync.  Works natively with FC5/CCRMA, no need
to configure anything.  Use envy24control (part of FC5/CCRMA)  to set
levels, etc...

A review:

http://www.sonicstate.com/articles/article.cfm?id=41

Cheers,