[linux-audio-user] Re: Low-budged live recording hardware solution ?

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Sun Oct 1 07:53:34 EDT 2006

Roland Edirol FA-101.

Two XLR inputs, 192kHz recording, six line level inputs, firewire
interface (if latency is worth anything at all to you, don't use USB).
Firewire also means you can hook it up to just about any PC (or even
mac) on the market today.

Supported under linux via Freebob, which might need some tinkering to
get it to work depending on your distribution. Ubuntu will have full
freebob support in the version about to come out (matter of days).

See http://freebob.sourceforge.net for more info.

Cost on ebay, new: approx 400 US$. The card also has a cheaper 'little
brother' with less line inputs.

Carlo