[linux-audio-user] ot-ish : trackballs

Dmitry Baikov dsbaikov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 16:08:51 EDT 2006

> On 10/11/06, greg <gkjoyce at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just wondering if anybody has any experience using trackballs.  I have
> > the impression that it would be more ergonomic and might offer better
> > precision/control for selections, etc. It looks like Kensington($$$) and
> > logitech are the only companies making them now.

I use Logitech Marble Mouse and think it is great.
Though, it has some physical subleties: it's hard to move cursor a few
pixels - the initial force to move the ball from static position is
greater than force needed to continue motion. Physics in its glory.
Don't know how it is in more expensive trackballs. It is forgivable
for a $20 trackball.