[linux-audio-user] Audio appz and slamd64

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Tue Oct 17 17:42:38 EDT 2006

On Wed Oct 18, 2006 at 11:38:23PM +0200, Carotinho wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> Since I bought a 64bit processor, I decided to try a 64 bit distro, and
> decided to use slamd64, as I'm a Slackware user:)
> I've incurred in the bug while compiling rosegarden, because the QT package
> was compiled without stl support. So I upgraded, and rosegarden compiled
> fine. But it doesn't run: Segmentation Fault. I don't really know how to
> debug or trace the error, and besides the forums at slamd64.com are down for
> server problems.
>
> Other problem is Zynaddsubfx, the compiling process fails early complaining
> about
>
> In file included from ../Params/Presets.h:26,
>                  from PresetsUI.h:9,
>                  from PresetsUI.cc:3:
> ../Params/../Misc/XMLwrapper.h:23:18: mxml.h: No such file or directory
>
> and other errors related to XMLwrapper. All the required libs have been
> installed succesfully, as much as I can tell.
>
> Even libdvdcss complains: it can't find the gcc compiler... how come that?
>
> Does something of you incurred in similar errors, and/or may suggest a
> solution?

sure. they look like the kind of errors i'd run into when compiing inux software on MinGW (GCC on windows)

id try fixing your toolchain and fixing broken packages (if you want to help out slam64). or switch distro, if you just waht stuff to work. afaik i emerged rosegarden zynaddsubfx and they work fine here on amd64, and it required no effort..on gentoo. im guessing theyre both debuntu packages as wel..