[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Simple Sysexxer 0.1.1

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Tue Oct 17 19:07:44 EDT 2006

Hi all,

first my apologies for cross-posting (TM) :) . This is a wee small
bugfix release of Simple Sysexxer. It now should build without needing
Qt debug libs installed.
As I didn't get any feedback since the first release (neither success
stories nor complaints), I'd like to encourage anyone to send feedback
or bug reports.

Simple Sysexxer is a tool to exchange sysex data with MIDI devices, e.g.
to do backups of the device's memory contents or to send presets loaded
from the web.

Advantages:
* (Hopefully) easy to use graphical user interface
* True ALSA sequencer support
* Built using Qt, no KDE dependency at all
* Minor changes to the source should make it run on Mac OS X or even
Windows

Disadvantages:
* Requires Qt4 and will *not* build against Qt3
* No JACK MIDI support :)
* No OSS support
* No prebuilt binaries available

Information and source download: