[linux-audio-user] Fractal Music for Linux

Brian Dunn job17and9 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 19 13:35:48 EDT 2006

Chip VanDan wrote:
> I don't want to get too complex with things, I'm just figuring out
> Hydrogen and amSynth.  Working on figuring out Ardour.

Seems to me that fractals are complex by nature.  If you want a tool
that will realy let you generate music with math equations, that will
probably be complex too.

Are you interested in creating like, midi sequences with fractals and
then piping them into synths, or more directly creating sound from the
fractals?  Those packages your figuring out will be useful for the
former, but not for the latter.  Of course, no matter where you get your
signals from you'll probably want to polish them off with ardour.