[linux-audio-user] flash 9 beta

Rob lau at kudla.org
Thu Oct 19 20:01:57 EDT 2006

On Thursday 19 October 2006 21:01, Cesare Marilungo wrote:
> Regarding flash content creation on linux there's also this:
> http://ming.sourceforge.net/

Yeah, there are a number of flash creation options under Linux
(ming, OpenLaszlo, swfc, and a bunch of early-alpha IDE's like
Flame Project and UIRA.... not to mention OpenOffice, if you
don't need to do anything fancy).  But until recently, there's
been no viable way to play Flash unless you downloaded Adobe's
pretty lame Flash 7 plugin.  Now Gnash is almost usable and
Flash 9 is in beta, available as a standalone player, and less
sucky than Flash 7.

I'm pretty sure we have the pressure of Gnash to thank for the
availability of that Flash 9 beta.

Rob