[linux-audio-user] Smack and Seq24

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 01:13:50 EDT 2006

On 10/20/06, Dubphil <dubphil at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I currently use hydrogen for my drums, but for now, it is not 100% stable
> with ecasound and Jack transport when it stops playing. And actually, it
> stop Seq24 when I want to load another h2song; this is detrimental for me.
>
> I'm lurking on Smack, but it needs OM to work as I have read, does it work
> with Seq24 only ? if not, does something similar to Smack exists that
> would not have any sequencer inside and should be sequenced with seq24 ?
> Something very light and stable should be ok.
>
> Thanks in advance for your advices.
>
> Philippe

Smack works with any midi sequencer, i just quite like seq24 ;) I also
like MusE. Smack doesn't have any internal sequencer, so gnutronica is
fine as a midi sequencer for it. It's very stable but not very light
on cpu compared to sampling. It is however very flexible, and if you
want Roland TR style stuff it's the tool for the job. If you want
realistic, it's not. ;) If you have any issues with smack feel free to
pester me with bug reports and feature requests.

Loki