[linux-audio-user] Smack and Seq24

Stephen Cameron smcameron at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 21 01:28:02 EDT 2006

--- Loki Davison <loki.davison at gmail.com> wrote:

> Smack works with any midi sequencer, i just quite like seq24 ;) I also
> like MusE. Smack doesn't have any internal sequencer, so gnutronica is
> fine as a midi sequencer for it.

It's gneutronica. (rather than gnutronica)
\Originally, I imagined the name as Gnu Tattoo, as
this seemed the _perfect_ name for a new GPL licensed
drum machine software, and I was amazed to find the name
"gnue tattoo" still available.  But, sourceforge wil not
allow anything to be named "gnu-anything", so I was forced
to come up with a name on the spot, so I made up gneutronice,
sticking the "e" in there to "get around" sourceforge's
restritction about projects being named "gnu-x"

I stil wish it could be named GNU Tattoo, as that is just a
freakin' cool name.  (Note, Motley Crue named their first
new album with a drummer other than Tommy Lee as "new tattoo"
which I thought was pretty clever, esp. considering that it
is Motley Crue we're talking about here.... LOL.)

-- arwcw