[linux-audio-user] Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Oct 25 18:55:37 EDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 01:07:14PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 12:30 -0400, Rob wrote:
> > "To do anything you want on this Linux machine you
> > will never need to see a command line or edit a config file."
>
> out of interest, how do you print a document without a command line and
> without going into a document editor of some kind?

Order an underling to do it?

Pay someone to write code that lets you right click on the document in
Nautilus and select Print?  Actually, I wonder how hard that would be to
set up for files that are either recognized by cups and/or use CLI
programs to render them (DVI, TeX, Docbook, etc).  A bit of a cheat, but
currently you can right click on assorted files, select Open With ->
Open with Other Application, then enter lpr in the custom command field.
Seeing as there is also Open with Document Viewer (see, that's not an
editor!), Open with "PDF Viewer", Open with XPDF, and as of a few
seconds ago, Open with "lpr", there must be a way to add a Print option
in a config file somewhere.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net