[linux-audio-user] Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

Rob lau at kudla.org
Wed Oct 25 19:12:29 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 16:13, Paul Davis wrote:
> because in a command line environment i don't have to start up
> an editor, i just type "lpr foo.txt". it seems to me that this
> *must* be possible from the GUI equivalent, but in GNOME at
> least i cannot find it.

Actually, under KDE, there's an "Actions/Print" context menu
item, but personally I open the file in its designated app and
print from there.  It seems to be missing in GNOME by default,
but it's easy enough to press enter, wait a second, press
control-P and enter again to queue it for printing.

I do notice GNOME's file manager has an "Edit/Send To" menu item
which you could use if you really want to just use lpr or
enscript.

Rob