[linux-audio-user] Music: ComboCandombe - QuedaTe(Remix)

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Mon Oct 30 04:58:31 EST 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 10:08, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 12:38:27AM +0100, Johannes Mario Ringheim wrote:
> > I've got the honor of remixing a tune for the local latino group Combo
> > Candombe:
> > http://ringheimsauto.org/index.php/queda-te-ringheims-auto-remiks/
>
> I dislike the snare-roll break early on, as it feels alien and
> overly long to me.

I have to disgree. It is nice Tension :) Something out of the ordinary and
nicely executed. But we see it's a matter of opinion. :)

> The bass ... not sure it's that, but it seems to be over-compressed.

The whole recording sounds a bit "closed". I don't know a better word for it.
As if the real deep bass and the sizzling highs are missing. On the other
hand it is a very compact mix. Imho just a bit too compact.

Compare its spectrum to other recordings with i.e. japa -J to maybe see what i
mean.

> Later on in the rap part, the melodic thing coming in also appears
> alien, but here I could see it being considered an interesting
> contrast.
>
> Otherwise I think the remix feels quite smooth and natural.

Great song.

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!