[linux-audio-user] Vocals

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 16:14:29 EST 2006

tim hall wrote:

> My first thought was: Get someone else to sing them
> My second thought was: Take singing lessons

If you read the second post, the problem is a totally different one. The
poster is a good singer that is comfortable with his sound, but for
other reasons (sounds too much like another person in the commercial)
needs to sound like someone else.

I don't know how to do it technically, but recording at a slightly lower
or higher pitch and using pitch shifting to get back in pitch when
played back at correct speed, might be a solution. If done
just a bit (maybe 1-4 semitones) it might do the trick.

Another approach would be to analyze what is too similar with the
"candidate". Maybe stuff like pronouncation of certain characteristic
consonants could be consciously altered to differentiate yourself a bit.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://www.atte.dk      | quintet:      http://www.anagrammer.dk